The ice cream here is not for the faint of heart.
For $1 US, you can get 1/4 kilo of the thickest, creamiest, sweetest ice cream in the world that I´ve visited. Helado is a different thing entirely from what we Americans call ice cream. Mostly the stuff there in the US is something we have to limit ourselves to, by serving ourselves a smaller portion, and savoring it. Here, if you tried to eat that much, you would not only be so full you couldn´t move but also so sick of ice cream you wouldn´t want it for a week. All you need is a tiny bit to go a loooooooonnnnngggg way. There is a stopping point to how much you can eat.
My favorite flavor is dulce de leche with caramelized walnuts, but occasionally will branch out to dulce de leche with bonbons, dulce de leche with chocolate chips, or if I´m feeling really adventurous coconut with stripes of dulce de leche. Technically, I haven´t tried a flavor without dulce de leche (and why would I?) and that´s saying something because I eat a lot of helado.
The stuff here is a perfect blend of the flavor of gelatto with the added bonus of being incredibly thick and creamy. Plus there´s dulce de leche.
This is going to be a short post because I´m getting hungry. This post was inspired by my conversations with Daniel Kaufman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment